Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Wednesday, July 30, 2003
     
    I Wonder If George Clooney Has This Problem

    Sadly, I found this article all too believable:

    A report claims television hospital dramas have led to a trend in viewers who think they can treat medical emergencies.

    A growing number of people who watch the shows believe they have learned enough to deal with emergencies or even carry out surgery.


    I guess this means you don't have to be a brain surgeon to, er... be a brain surgeon.

    One ambulanceman told the Broadcasting Standards Commission study how a member of the public gave him advice on how to perform a tracheotomy, explaining he'd seen it done on "Casualty."

    Forgive me, but I find that hilarious. Don't worry about the vocal cords, who needs 'em?

    Others reported patients demanding that the ambulance's blue lights be switched on for the journey to hospital because they had seen the same happen on TV.

    And the siren! I want the siren too, and I want you to floor it through the red lights... Good grief. When did a trip in an ambulance become an E-ticket ride?


    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment