Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Friday, May 09, 2003
     
    Happy Nurses' Day

    I've been sorta washed out this week, please forgive the lack of posts.

    Today we have the delicate etiquette question of what to get the staff for Nurses' Day (this apparently also includes medical assistants, also known as MA's). Why so delicate, you ask? For one thing, Secretaries' Day was two weeks ago and the staff watches us like hawks to make sure no favoritism is shown. We have a chronic low level of hostilities between the front and back office staff, much like the cease-fire between North and South Korea.

    I exaggerate (slightly), but nevertheless I try hard to make sure that my secretary and my MA get similarly valued gifts at this time of the year. The problem is that this year by mistake only the front-office staff got lunch on Secretaries' Day (I just handed them my credit card and told them to order) and today somebody else is handling the lunch issue and wants to order lunch for the entire staff, front and back office. I hope no one's keeping score.

    Ideally, I'd take my people out to lunch, but I simply do not have time to do that; usually I spend lunch on the phone with patients while chowing down on an apple. Oh well, they're getting some gifts and a nice breakfast too, so that ought to take care of things. We'll see.

    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment