Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Saturday, April 12, 2003
     
    May I Have This *zap* Dance?

    To those of you who surf for medical content, I apologize for the number of non-medical posts... but as I have said before, this is a somewhat eclectic blog. Here's something just barely medically related that I had to post about: it falls more into the "I can't believe all this stuff is on the Web" category. It's a website that sells antique European dance cards. My favorite item for sale is the seventh card down which is rather elaborate and consists mostly of a model of a machine (three-dimensional). Description, and I quote:

    No date or Ball name. Manufactured by Marton Alajos, Budapest. Again the "card" would have been located under the metal design. The "machine" was used for shock therapy treatment, so, we assume that this was a favor for a psychiatrist ball. Purchased on Cape Cod. Price:SOLD

    Of course it's sold, I bet it was the first one to go. Oh, those crazy, romantic Hungarians! I wonder what they put on dance cards for psychiatrists' balls nowadays... probably models of Prozac or Zyprexa tablets.


    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment