Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Thursday, March 27, 2003
     
    To Boldly Extrapolate What No One Has Extrapolated Before

    So last night my endocrinologist friend V. and I were sitting in my office. We had each finished a bruising day of patient care and were commiserating with each other, as well as chuckling over an weblink I had sent her (a humor column from Esquire featuring sex tips from Donald Rumsfeld!) This naturally led to some talk of the war, and of the Bush cabinet. V. is not a Rumsfeld fan: she likes Colin Powell much better.

    "You're going to think I'm crazy," I said, "but when I think of Rumsfeld and Powell I think of Star Trek."

    Not surprisingly, V. started giggling.

    "Hear me out! Think about Shatner in the middle, with Spock and McCoy on either side giving him advice from two different points of view."

    "I like that!" said V. "But who's Spock?"

    "Powell. Powell is definitely Spock. Rumsfeld is McCoy. And George Bush is Captain Kirk!"

    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment