Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Thursday, February 27, 2003
     
    This morning it's raining again. Of course, the commute to work took longer than usual. As I sat in traffic at a stop light, I glanced to my left to see how my fellow drivers were handling the boring wait: the driver next to me was busily making notes on a paper pad propped against the steering wheel. Then the light changed and we took off again.

    A few blocks later, I glance again. This time there's a woman next to me, and she has a Day-Timer in which she's making notes! Am I lazy, I wonder, or disorganized? I'm not taking advantage of my commute time to accomplish anything; I'm just drinking a latte and listening to lounge music. Suddenly I feel luxurious and sinful, like the grasshopper in Aesop's fable who sat around and fiddled while the ants worked. I turn up the music and press the accelerator as sensually as I can, now in a really good mood.

    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment