Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Wednesday, February 26, 2003
     
    There's a guy named Rob Brezny who writes a weekly astrology column that I get emailed to me. I first found him in the (now-defunct) New Times, a free alternative newspaper. He tends to aim more for life advice than for the "you will travel over water and meet a handsome stranger" type of prediction, which is why I read him. He tends to hit the nail on the head in a very spooky way, as my latest prediction will show (granted, it has more impact if you actually know me):

    You're progressing nicely in your efforts to master life's most complicated skills. For instance, you're making better and better mistakes all the time. You're getting pretty good at being three places at once, too; and with every passing month you know more about using your fears to motivate you so they won't paralyze you. What you'd benefit from most right now, though, is a refresher course in the simplest fundamentals. For starters, you still have a lot to learn about how to sleep and eat. And it's not too far-fetched to say that you could use some breathing lessons. For that matter, Sagittarius, you're not exactly a PhD in the art of happiness. I suggest you sniff around to see if there are any crafty elders offering workshops on how to regard everything that comes your way as a blessing.

    He's not telling me anything I didn't already know, but still... I tend to come away from his columns feeling like a strong-minded, good friend has smacked me upside the head in an effort to knock some sense into me. Some of his stuff is too oddball for my taste, but not the astrological predictions.

    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment