Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Wednesday, February 05, 2003
     
    Sigh. It's a busy week. I was tired and frustrated when I left yesterday - still so much undone after 11 hours in the office. Better today though - I blew off a meeting so that I could get some of my paperwork done. (The fact that I am blogging and websurfing as well is beside the point.) You will be getting kind of a ramble here today, deal with it.

    Unfortunately, I didn't get to hear Powell's speech to the UN; I would have liked to, but I have consoled myself with reading the response to it on various websites. Go here to read the Scrappleface pre-speech commentary; this guy is hilarious. And if you missed the speech too, you can find a transcript of it here.

    Anna continues to enjoy restful and productive time off. Anna, come over and clean my closets when you're through with yours!

    And the peanut jokes are still going strong. All we have to do now is to catch each other's eyes walking down the hall and we crack up. One staffer's favorite trick is to stand outside Dr. Smith's office and start sniffing the air: "I smell vapors!" And as I hit the vending machine for lunch today (bad Alice!), somebody eyed me and asked: "Are you getting peanuts?"

    More later as always... now back to the charts. More coffee! I need caffeine!

    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment