Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Wednesday, January 08, 2003
     
    Day Three

    I'm missing the George Clooney interview on 60 Minutes II tonight. ::sob:: Please let me know if you saw it and what you thought.

    Though Dan Rather is doing the interview, so maybe it doesn't matter so much. When did Dan become creampuff celebrity-interviewing guy? Why doesn't he stay with CBS Nightly News and be the globetrotting reporter? Well he is about seventy, I guess he's slowing down.

    If this post is all over the map please forgive me, I think my neurons are shorting out. I'm in the office with pizza ordered, me and the evening Urgent Care staff while I pursue my catchup duties. Yes, it's not just rounding like crazy and doing admissions in the hospital, it's also coming back to the office at night and trying to get through the referral requests, prescription refills and phone calls. But I seem to be powering through the detritus faster than usual. At least I can tell all the patients, "Sorry, I'm not in the office this week." That tends to simplify things.

    I am getting more efficient. I can definitely get around the hospital faster than I could on Monday. Another four days to go, including Saturday/Sunday... hope I can survive.

    Here's a bright spot I found today courtesy of Tim Blair: somebody's take on a season's worth of ER scripts. It's hilarious, check it out. This will show you why I refuse to watch ER or any other medical show. It's bullshit.

    Hasta la vista baby, back to the charts.


    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment