Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Friday, January 10, 2003
     
    Day Five

    So tired. So very very tired. Four new admits last night made for a busy morning. I was all set for a running start this morning but was derailed by a patient in the ER who needed to have his appendix out... but didn't want to. "I'm feeling better." So after my delivering several earnest speeches about peritonitis and raising heaven and earth to get hold of the surgeon (who was in the OR on another case, I think) and the patient's gastroenterologist, and after being told multiple times by multiple doctors that he needed to have the thing out, he finally agreed.

    I called the backup guy and told him I was going to need him this weekend. I can't see all these people myself. Some of the other docs have been following their own people this week and are signing them out to me for the weekend. Fortunately we have a "backup," one of the other docs on call, who is on tap to help out if needed.

    I'm going to go home and go to bed. Soon.

    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment