Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Sunday, December 29, 2002
     
    Whew. I have been off work and a visitor to Kiddieland all this week. My sister was in town for the holidays with her husband and three kids - four, two and six months. As I have no children myself, this was quite an experience. I love the kids, and they're good as kids go, but the amount of attention they require is tremendous - especially as my parents' house cannot be described as "childproof" by any stretch of the imagination; to the contrary, I believe it would qualify as what is legally known as an "attractive nuisance." Then there is the inevitable infighting between the four- and two-year olds: They never want to share anything. I mean, anything. The six-month-old had a mild case of colic and still refuses to eat solid food. He won't touch cereal or veg. We got him to eat three spoons of pureed pear baby food the whole week, and that was a major triumph. He looks healthy though.

    The baby had a major vomiting episode Christmas Eve - I was holding him at the time and let's just say I had to throw everything I was wearing in the washer.

    But there were compensations of course, watching the kids open their presents Christmas Day, playing with the kids, taking my niece to the library (which she loved). My two-year-old nephew Mitchell is particularly cute - he's just started talking and listening to his speech is great fun. All winged insects are "flybees." He doesn't like them.

    All my clothing had food or spit-up on it when I got back and is now in the washer. But I miss them already. Sigh.

    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment