Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Thursday, December 12, 2002
     
    Today I am going to share one of those special, warm holiday moments you only get when you have two doctors in one family.

    My father was helping me set up my Christmas tree recently. For the record, I have an artificial tree - I got it several years ago. I have taken plenty of guff from my siblings about my "fake tree" - they still swear by the real thing - but when you live alone and you have to maneuver a tree up a steep flight of 20 or so stairs, you quickly learn the merits of having the other kind. I can set it up as early as I choose and leave it up as long as I want, and I don't have to water it.

    Anyway, this particular tree has flexible metal strips covered with fake greenery as the branches. As you set the tree up you bend each large branch away from the trunk and then manipulate the smaller branches into the shape that you want.

    As my father and I struggled with the tree, he said:

    "Kind of like a penile implant, isn't it?"

    "Yes," I said, "exactly."

    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment