Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Monday, November 18, 2002
     
    Last of the Leonids

    For those of you who have an astronomical bent, the peak of the Leonid showers for 2002 and, in fact, for most of the century will be tonight (or rather, early tomorrow am) from 2.30 to 2.45 PST. Go here for further information. I would love to see this shower, but living in the middle of LA can cramp one's observing style due to light pollution. I may get up and trek off somewhere isolated so that I can get a better view - and wind up getting assaulted, no doubt. But be that as it may, I have seen a meteor shower or two and I can vouch for the stunning effect of watching many little fireballs streaking through the sky. The only thing I'd like to see more is the aurora borealis, which I have not yet managed to see - but hopefully someday I will (around the same time as I compete in the Iditarod).
    UPDATE:
    My father considerately called me at 2:30 am asking if I wanted to get up and see the Leonids; I opted out. (For the record, I did ask him to call me.) The moon was too bright to see much of anything.

    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment