Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Monday, October 28, 2002
     
    NaNoWriMo, Here I Go

    November is National Novel Writing Month. Really. The NaNoWriMo.org website runs an annual novel-writing competition encouraging people to produce a novel in one month. The rules are that you have from midnight on November 1st to midnight November 30 to write a 50,000 word novel. You are not judged on quality, just quantity. The idea is that the pressure of a deadline will loosen people up enough to just sit down and write and not worry about whether their output is any good or not; if you like what you've done you can always go back and polish it up later.

    I registered today. I am sure I have 50,000 crappy words in me somewhere... I have no idea what I'm going to write about yet, but I figure it doesn't hurt to try. I will keep you updated.

    ADDENDUM: As I was on the phone with a patient last night, I was absentmindedly doing the math and figured I would have to write an average of 167 words per day to finish by month's end. No problem, I thought, I can do that. As I was driving home later, I realized I had skipped a decimal place and that I'll need 1670 words per day to complete 50,000 words in a month. I almost lost control of the car ("NO WAY!!") I'll give it a try anyway.

    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment