Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Friday, October 18, 2002
     
    Forgive my whining. I just got off the phone with Airhead Patient. I had called to tell her that her lipid levels had increased significantly from the previous year and to review her diet.

    Me: "You need to watch your diet and cut back on your fat."
    Her: "Like what?"
    Me: "Like red meat, dairy..."
    Her: "Oh. Well, but I don't eat red meat and I don't drink milk."
    Me: (becoming exasperated) "OK. You need to cut back on olive oil. Mayonnaise. Cheese. Ice cream..."
    Her: "Oh, I have been eating a lot more ice cream. But it was all-natural ice cream."

    WTF??

    Me: "It doesn't matter. Fat is fat, it doesn't matter how organic it is."

    This is what I deal with every day, people.

    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment